Air Leakage / Ventilation
- Drafts and cold spots
- Ice dams may occur, leading to roof and ceiling leaks
- Moisture problems leading to peeling paint, mold, mildew, or structural damage in walls and attic
- Uncontrolled air exchange causing unhealthy air quality, high humidity or dryness
- Proper exhaust ventilation in bathrooms and kitchen is needed to control moisture and pollutants
- Freezing pipes are caused mostly by air leaks
Inadequate Insulation Levels
- Heat is lost in the winter and gained in the summer, causing heating and cooling equipment to work harder than necessary and increasing energy bills
- Cold exterior walls lead to discomfort and increased heating use
- Missing insulation in attics leads to hot rooms and increased air conditioner use
Common House Problems That Cause High Energy Cost & Sacrifice Comfort
Many homes have one or more of these problems which may go undetected by the homeowner without proper diagnostic performance testing. The problems are color coded in the diagram above.
Why insulate/ventilate your home? Your home is most likely your biggest investment. Like any big investment, improvements are necessary to insure your home keeps its value and great condition. Improper insulation and ventilation can cause air leaks, condensation, mold growth and reduce the life of your roof, air conditioner and furnace.
Reduce your Utility Bill while Improving your Home's Value
CALL TODAY FOR FREE ESTIMATE!